Sunday, March 17, 2013

Summer 2012

My last posting was in March.  It is now August 3rd.  My, time just marches on!  A lot has happened since then.  Mom had a brief stay in the hospital; one of her new medications caused problems, but she is now back home and keeping "the girls" company at Legacy. 

Kevin and Michelle are in their new home in Columbus, Indiana - which makes them only about 3.5 - 4 hours from us - Yeah!!  All of the kids were at our house for Easter, including Kevin's two dogs, Indy and Penney.  The time was too brief, but a lot of fun. 
We have since gone to visit Kevin in his new apartment.  Michelle and Kevin are now working for two different companies, but in buildings right next to each other.  I think this a first that they haven't had to drive in opposite directions to work, usually at least 30 minutes from home. 

In July we went to NY for our summer vacation.  I meet Darrell in Fort Wayne, IN, where he was working a corporate Demo Ride for Harley.  The temperatures were terrible, when I arrived on Saturday, it was 105.  I sat myself in the shade, under a fan, and was still miserable.  I don't know how they were functioning walking on that blacktop out in the sun - guess that's why I work inside - in air conditioning all day!  On Sunday we left for Lockport, visiting with friends and family.  Later in the week we went to Jim's, got to spend time with the grandkids and enjoy the cooler weather.  The kids had a ball getting rides from Grandpa on his motorcyle.  All to soon we had to go back to TN, to prepare for my Mom's 80th birthday.  Mark and I planned a party for her at Legacy, with family coming from IN, CO, MI, WI, OH and SC.  It was like an immediate family reunion.  It seemed more like a birthday event than a party!  Mom loved it, we all had a great time. Friday night we went out to dinner and the party was at Legacy on Saturday afternoon.  After the party we then went back to Mark's for dinner and cake.  It was great seeing everyone, and I know mom loved it. 

It has been too hot this summer to do much riding.  I haven't put more than a couple of hundred miles on my bike since June.  Darrell is another story.  He had another corporate Demo for Harley to attend, this time in Sturgis, SD.  He rode his bike, racking up the miles. 

Guess that is all for the brief update.  Until next time...

No comments: