We made it to Helen, GA friday afternoon after about a 7 hour bike ride. It was a great day for riding, cloudy and warm. (No sun to bake you). Just a few rain drops that lasted about 5 minutes. The hotel is just past the center of town, which is about 2 miles long.
Saturday we went for a ride with the Hog Club, and went to Anna Ruby Falls. (Picture above)The bike ride was beautiful, the walk up to the falls was something else. It was 0.4 of a mile up hill, did I mention a STEEP up hill walk?? I remember the days when we were at our camp, walking up hill after a long cold day of hunting, except this was more steep. All of us made it to the top, even had a group picture taken. It was well worth it, the pictures don't do it justice. We then rode to a settlers museum, again up hill on a steep grade with STONE....I don't do stone, so glad I had ridden with Darrell. Decided not to spend 6 bucks to go see 150 year old buildings, and left for lunch. Ate at Dillard's, a nice family style resturant. Quite pricey, but food was good. Came back to rest after that. Walked the streets of downtown Helen in the evening, and returned a couple of hours later to settle in at the hotel and visit with friends.
Sunday Darrell and I took off on our bikes, went to Brass Town Bald Mountain, the highest peak in Georgia. Got pictures, (Picture above of lakes, Darrell and me), rode my bike up and back down a twisty windy road, and then just went for a ride. We got back into Helen, and decided to go South to see what was there, well, Cleveland is about 11 miles south. On our way there, we passed 4.7 MILES of STOPPED traffic, waiting to pass into Helen. We decided not to come back that way, and took another scenic route, of course with some more good riding. After sitting in traffic again the OTHER side of Helen, it took about 30 minutes for us to finally reach the hotel, we ate lunch and then I decided to update the blog. Hopefully will get to relax before our trip back home tomorrow.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment