So much has happened since my last post in June. Darrell and I were recovering from a very busy May, with all the traveling, and then the KY Hog Rally in Bowling Green. From Memorial Day to the end of June, my dad had been in the hospital and then Rehab. He returned to the hospital the end of June. Due to my dad's illness, Darrell and I travelled to NY twice in a two week time period. Our July vacation was cancelled. Hopefully we will make our motorcycle trip to New England next summer.
My Mom is doing very well, and we are making plans for her to come to TN this fall. Hopefully this will allow her to get out more in the winter than if she were in NY.
We spent the week we were supposed to be on vacation with friends and family, and of course three beautiful little girls and one very special young man - not that we are biased or anything! Stephanie was finally big enough to take her first motorcycle ride with her Grandpa O. I think she is hooked. We had to promise her that Grandpa would come back in 4-5 weeks to see her, hopefully with her new bed. Since the bed isn't done yet, I guess she will just have to settle for Grandpa!
Since returning home the end of July, we have been trying to catch up on our lives in TN. I have returned to work, and the month of August I am working nights. Our hospital has started computerized charting, and I am one of the "superusers". So far it hasn't been too bad, and soon enough I will be back on days. I officially started my new day job on July 5th, even though I was still in NY at the time.
It is now getting late, (back on that night schedule) and will try to update more frequently. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment