Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October Update
















Well, it has been over a month since I have updated the blog. A lot has happened since then. We had our trip to Eureka Springs, work, Darrell has worked on the house, work, I did some painting, work, we went on a benefit ride (in the rain) for the Center for Courageous Kids in Scottsville, KY, more work, I had a party for my director who left, work again, and Kevin and Michelle were here, work... I guess you get the picture.
I put a picture of our cabin that we stayed in while we were in Eureka Springs. It was like a home away from home. The only thing it was missing was a kitchen, but then, who wants one of those while on vacation?
While we were there, we rode the bikes up to Carthage, Missouri, to the Precious Moments Chapel. We had been there in 1992 when we went out west, and I have always wanted to go back. They have a couple of new buildings, and many more paintings that Sam has completed. I still love going there, it is so peaceful.
Darrell tiled the back wall behind the bar. I painted the walls in the living room by the fireplace. I had wanted to get this wall painted since last year, but a broken collarbone kind of delayed this project for a year. I really like the color, it contrasts nicely with the walls, and make the fireplace really stand out. I completed Kevin and Michelle's wedding quilt, which is now in it's new home in NE. Kevin and Michelle were here a week ago for a Titans vs Colts football game. We cheered for the Colts, hmm, the second game we have been to here, and the Titans have lost...


We are getting ready to go to our monthly hog meeting, this month it will be in Auburn, KY at a leather place. They are providing food (always a good thing), and entertainment. Should be a good night. Guess I had better go get ready, when we get home will have to get ready for work...


Till next time.

No comments: