Thursday, September 17, 2009







Our trip to Eureka Springs is finally here. We left Tuesday, and encountered rain after we crossed the Mississippi River. It is the first time I have ever ridden in a driving rain. We stopped for the night in Hardy, AR. When we got up in the morning, it was still raining. We filled our fuel tanks, and took off again, only to hit another episode of driving rain. We rode about a total of 350 miles in the rain before arriving here yesterday about 1:30 pm. We checked into our cabin, which we love. It is like having our own mini home away from home. The only thing it doesn't have is a kitchen. We do have a small fridge, so that is nice. We had our coats, boots, etc hanging all over to dry out. We had to do laundry today just to get our cloths dry-I ended soaking 2 pairs of jeans just travelling to here!






The rest of the Hog club that were coming showed up today. Darrell and I took a bike ride (I rode with him) to the Harley dealer, about 34 miles from here. It was a great ride, nice curves in the road, reminded me of the Dragon in TN, SC. Guess the Ozarks have their own mini dragon here! Will try to send more updates as the week goes along, It only sprinked here today, which is really great, since they said it has rained here everyday for the last 2 weeks!

No comments: