Saturday, August 8, 2009

Vacation











Well, we returned from our vacation to NY last Monday. It was a busy 12 days. We arrived late Thursday night, very tired and hungry. Once we got some sleep, we started visiting on Friday. We went to see my parents, and then some friends. It was a busy weekend, trying to catch up with everyone. We took our bikes out on Saturday with Chuck and Mary Ann, and it was the only day that we were able to ride. If you hadn't heard, Western NY is having the wettest summer in the last 66 years!

Monday I made it to Eastern Niagara Hospital-Lockport site (it's still easier to say LMH) to sign my retirement papers!!! I am officially retired from there, now all I have to do is wait to see my checks (I'm still waiting). Tuesday we made it to see my parents, and then Darrell's mom. We then left to go to Alma, to see the grandchildren. My, how they have grown!!

Wednesday we made it to Material Rewards, I can't miss my yearly trek to the quilt shop. After that, we went to visit my Uncle Jim in Bradford, NY. He wanted us to stay, but we had to watch the girls on Thursday. I had promised Stephanie and Ashley they could sleep in the camper with me, so, Wednesday night was girls night in the camper. They kicked Grandpa out of his bed. It took about an hour for them to settle down (they had to check everything out, play with the lights, etc). The girls loved the quilts I made, Kaylee received one for her second birthday, and Ashley got one because she was always borrowing Stephanies. Stephanie and grandma went shopping, and she got a new outfit.

Thursday was a pretty nice day. Friday we went to lunch, and some shopping. Saturday we went back to Lockport for school shopping and a family picnic at Drew's. Sunday we went for groceries (we were supposed to go to a car show, but it rained-big surprise!!).

As you can see, Kaylee likes Grandpa's ride. We left for TN on Monday morning, arriving home after delivering a set of table and chairs to a friends in Bowling Green. Tuesday we got to mow our hayfield of a yard before the monsoons hit. We were without power for about 2-3 hours. Back to work Wed, and the rest of the week. I had to go back to work to get some rest!!

No comments: