Well, the deal we were waiting for finally arrived. Thursday Darrell was at the dealership (HD), when Robert came out of a meeting and told him that the "powers that be" said all of the 2009's had to go by the end of September. After talking a couple of minutes, Robert showed Darrell a Black 2009 Electra Glide Standard. The bike had cruise, ABS, freight and dealer prep included. As usual, he looked the bike over, and told Robert it was a great deal, but....not now.
This morning we had a meeting for our trip to Eureka Springs (a bike vacation we are taking in September). After the meeting we had to go to parts to get some screws for Darrell's bike-he had just done his 30,000 mile check on his bike yesterday. I asked him to show me that bike he was talking about. (This is a routine thing every time we go into the dealership-we always have to look at the bikes.) They had big colored stars all over the windshield of this bike, I sat on it, said it was nice, and then we left-we had to get breakfast. (We had left without eating to get to the meeting on time.) While we were eating, he asked me what I was thinking. I told him I like riding my bike, but there are many times that I wish I could just ride with him and watch the scenery. Well long story short, we went back to the dealership, and Darrell is now a proud owner of a 2009 Electra Glide Standard. We had to take all the stuff off his bike, and lucky me-I got used saddle bags for my bike! (Ha,Ha). Well, I guess it is still sinking in, even on the ride home it was hard to believe it is his. Here are a couple of pictures of the bike and proud owner.
No comments:
Post a Comment