Thursday, October 4, 2018

October 4,2018

Wow, it has been 5 years since my last post!  So much has happened!  I am now officially retired from NorthCrest Medical Center.  I had become the CCU Manager 2 years prior to my retirement.  When in February 2016 my Director informed me that I must begin working 40 hours a week, 5 days a week AND become salary, my days were numbered.  I officially retired June 9th, 2016.  My mom's health had been deteriorating, which was another reason I retired.  On July 21st, 2016, my mom went to heaven to be with my dad; now they are finally together again.

I still teach BLS and ACLS at NorthCrest, usually 1 - 2 days a month.  This gives me "extra" money for my passion/obsession - quilting.  Darrell officially retired this year from Harley.  He has had a couple of bad years with MSF and HDBG, so he decided it was time to let it go.  He is presently creating a neighbors basement bathroom.  He has decided that this project is not for the single handyman, and it has become much more involved than planned. With that being said, I don't think he will be doing any more large projects by himself.  I have helped him as much as possible, but it is still frustrating. 

Kevin and Michelle are still living in Columbus, IN.  Kevin has changed jobs again - 2 years ago -  now working at the same company Michelle works at.  He is now a manager, and feeling the pressures of the increased workload.  With that being said, he arrived at our house later last night so he and Darrell could take their annual motorcycle trip.  Hope they enjoy the ride!

Jim and Katie still live in Alma, NY.  We just got back from there this last Monday.  They had to go to Ohio to have a transmission redone, and they needed someone to transport the girls to their activities.  Stephanie is going to be 15 at the end of this month.  She is on the Wellsville Varsity swim team and has practice practically every night after school. She also had a swim meet Saturday morning, and her first Homecoming Dance Saturday night.  Ashley and Kaylee are also involved with swimming, Ashley is prepping for the Varsity dive team, and Kaylee on the swim team. Both Ashley and Kaylee are also very involved with G2 Gymnastics, practice 2-3 evenings a week, and meets during the later fall and winter months.

While the girls were at school last Friday, we made a quick trip to Lockport to see Lynda, Drew and Darrell's mom.  Darrell's mom is now living at Mt. View Assisted Living, and has her own private room.  She is doing fairly well, actually not bad for being 92!

While we were in Alma, we were able to celebrate Jim's birthday - 41!!! - this year!  Tyler came to the house, and we caught up with him a little.  He had graduated from high school in June of 2017.  We got to meet his girlfriend - Tricia - a very nice young lady.

Well, I guess I had better get going, I now have all of this uninterrupted time to quilt, so I must get going.  If I get a chance, I may eventually post some pictures reviewing the last 5 years...

Until next time...

No comments: